Track Fast Facts:
Opening Day: May 30, 1946
Distance: 1/3 mile
Banking: 7 feet
Straight away lengths: 420 feet
D. Anthony Venditti, “The Godfather of New England Auto Racing,” began construction of Seekonk Speedway in 1945. On May 30, 1946, the gates were opened for the first time. D. Anthony owned, operated, and promoted the Speedway until his death in 1991. His wife Irene, son Francis, and grandson David continue the tradition of operating the speedway. Seekonk Speedway has been family owned, operated, and promoted for 64 consecutive years.